Buying A Home
• Seek financial advice and clarify your financial position, doing this will allow you to set your budget. Don’t forget to take into account fees for solicitors, surveys, stamp duty, insurances and removals!
• Find your dream home – The fun bit starts now, begin arranging appointments to view properties, and try to keep an open mind, everyone’s taste differs!
• Make an offer – speak to the acting estate agent to put your offer forward.
• Seek a reputable solicitor – this is the biggest purchase you will make, watch out for budget solicitors as they may cost more in the long run. Ask a member of the team for more advice.
• Instruct your solicitor and pay them for search and survey fees. A survey will be undertaken by your lender if buying with a mortgage, but many people also instruct an additional, independent survey.
• Your solicitor will undertake general enquiries on your behalf.
• Once all enquiries are satisfied, funds will be requested and your solicitor will ask you to sign documentation in order to legally ‘exchange contracts’ and set a date for completion.
Building & Maintenance
Lots of little jobs you have been meaning to do but not got round to it?
We can help.
Request a Call Back
What People Say
“To all at Courtyard properties (special thanks to Dave & Victoria) Thank you so much for all your help with the sale of our mums home on Bentham road. We would not hesitate to recommend you again”
Mrs Renshaw, sold through Courtyard 2014